Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Marinated Oven Steaks


The Date: 5 February 2012

The Occasion: I was out shopping on a Sunday afternoon, and thought that it might be nice to have a “real dinner” on Sunday evening. I bought some cheap steaks and used a marinade recipe I’d liked once before.

The Recipe: From Sara Lee’s Semi-Homemade Meals Cookbook.


How it went I guess this would be better with high quality steaks, but considering I bought the cheapest ones I think this came out pretty well. 

What You Need:
Steaks
2 T Olive oil
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T Some kind of red wine
1 T Steak seasoning

Your turn:
Combine
· 2 T Olive oil
· 2 T Worcestershire sauce
· 2 T Some kind of red wine
· 1 T Steak seasoning
in a wide shallow bowl. Stir gently to combine.

Place steaks in marinade. Prick each one a few times with a fork to let the marinade into the meat. Turn steaks over and prick again. Let the steaks marinate for as long as you like, the longer the better, I suppose.

Mash up some potatoes or cook green beans or something.

Place steaks on a broiler pan covered with aluminum foil. Broil 4-6 inches from the heat for about 8 minutes. Flip steaks over and broil 8 minutes on the other side. (Longer or shorter, depending on how rare you like it.) 

Serve and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment