Sunday, April 1, 2012

Honey Mustard Salmon

The Occasion: My first daring attempt at cooking fish. Ever.

The Recipe: From Cook This, Not That cookbook.

How it went: Well, we liked it! It was easy: only took about 15 minutes total. It was a little tough, I think because I left it in the oven while the risotto was cooking. (Boxed risotto; no recipe for that.) I also added some extra honey to mine.

What You Need:
Salmon
Butter
Brown sugar
Dijon mustard
Honey
Soy sauce
Olive oil, salt, and pepper

Your Turn:
Heat oven to 400.

Melt
· 1 T butter
· 1 T brown sugar
in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

Stir in
· 2 T Dijon mustard
· 1 T honey
· 1 T soy sauce

Heat about 1/2 T olive oil in a skillet over high heat.

Season salmon fillets (I used two, but the sauce will be enough for four) with salt and pepper. Place flesh-side down in the skillet. Cook 3-4 minute, until fully browned, then flip.

Brush with glaze and put in an oven-safe dish in the oven at 400. (If you’re lucky enough to have an oven-proof skillet, cook the salmon in that, then transfer it to the oven.) Cook about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with additional glaze.


Serve with steamed veggies and rice.

2 comments:

  1. Love salmon! That sounds so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only fish I can cook is shrimp! I would love to tackle salmon one day! You are ambitious! :)

    ReplyDelete