Monday, February 16, 2015

Salsa Chicken Skillet

The Recipe:
I have a recipe card labeled "Spicy Ricey" in my recipe box. I know I first made it shortly after we were married and I was experimenting with things and must have given it this weird name. The recipe has ground turkey instead of the chicken breasts, so you could try it that way instead, but I thought it was great like this. It's super-duper easy.

What You Need:
about 1 lb chicken breasts (I used 4 frozen breasts), cooked with taco seasoning
about 4 C cooked white rice (I cooked together 3 C water and 1.5 C dry rice)
1 16 oz jar salsa
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can black beans

Your Turn:
I cooked my chicken in the crockpot with my go-to taco/chili seasoning (found here) mixed in. You could bake it, if that's easier for you, or cook it in your skillet before following the instructions below. The key is to give it some flavor while it cooks.

In a large skillet combine cooked chicken, can of corn, can of beans, jar of salsa, and cooked rice. Mix well. Cover and let simmer on low 20 minutes or until warm throughout.

Serve with shredded cheese, tortilla chips, or chopped black olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment