Monday, May 21, 2012

Easy Tortellini with Chicken Alfredo Sauce

The Occasion: I had leftover cooked chicken from another meal. I also had a jar of alfredo sauce and a package of dried tortellinis. I thought it would all go together pretty well.

The Recipe: From my head.

How it Went: We liked this! Very easy and very tasty. Ideally, you could even make your own alfredo sauce. And I had so much extra sauce, that I cooked up some additional pasta (wagon wheels) and put the sauce with it for a lunch for Husband. It would be excellent with broccoli.

What You Need:
1 & 1/2 cooked chicken breasts
1 packaged dried tortellini (mine was from ALDI, but Barilla makes it too)
1 jar alfredo sauce
splash of milk
Italian seasoning

Your Turn:
Cook pasta as directed on the package.

Warm alfredo sauce in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add a splash of milk and a few shakes of Italian seasoning.

Chop cooked chicken into pieces. If you can get it more shredded, that's good too.

Stir chicken into alfredo sauce. Cover and let simmer gently.

Serve chicken alfredo sauce over tortellini.

No comments:

Post a Comment