Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Birdsboro Kitchen

The kitchen in our new house in Birdsboro is magnificent. It's large, sunny, and airy. Perfect for making lemon-mint iced tea, trying a new recipe for Taco Casserole, or hanging out for a late morning breakfast.

The closed white door is the powder room. The open white door on the right is the laundry room.
The fridge was beside the stove when we moved in, but we separated the two. It seemed funny to have the fridge, a cold item, beside the stove, a hot item. The fridge must work extra hard to stay cold when next to a stove. I really like this set-up now.

Also, the stove had no workspace next to it. My old kitchen had a ton of workspace alongside the stove, so this free-standing stove seemed inconvenient to me. I was hoping to find some old piece of furniture to go alongside the stove and act as additional counter space. Aunt Ruth, always up for a challenge, got the dimensions from me and scored this awesome, perfect-size set of shelves. We bought a square of tile from Home Depot for a few dollars and it's now a functional counter space.

Wonderful storage for crock pot, measuring cups and spoons, muffin tins, and cookbooks.
I had this stool in my other kitchen and I love it as an accessory, for my onion basket, perhaps.


Or as a spot for Husband to hang out when I cook.


We've got a ceiling fan, which is awesome for air flow. However, when I'm cooking on the stove, I need to turn it off because it blows the flame away and frustrates the cooking process.


The windowsill above my sink looks out to the sunporch. I love this space where I can keep lovely things in view.

Terrible lighting - taken mid-afternoon and edited in Picasa.
Our kitchen is the first thing we walk into when we come in the back door, and the last part of house we see when on our way out. It's the most trekked-through and the most dwelt-in. It's homey and inviting, at least we think so.

Welcome to Birdsboro's Kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment