Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chunky Applesauce

The Date: 25 October 2011

The Occasion: Home sick with a bad cold. I had some apples that I thought might be better as sauce, and a recipe I'd been wanting to try. Perfect combination to make some homemade applesauce.

The Recipe: From Taste of Home magazine.

How it Went: Perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. It was incredibly easy and absolutely delightful. The only thing I'd do is make a bigger batch.

What You Need:
apples
brown sugar
cinnamon
vanilla

Your Turn:
Peel and cube apples. You need 8 cups of cubed apples.

Stir apples in large soup pot with 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed, and 1 tsp cinnamon.

Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes.

Remove from heat. Add 1 tsp of vanilla. Mash well.

Serve warm or cold.

The best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment